Creative Sensory is committed to protecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Who we are
Creative Sensory (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR requirements effective from 25th May 2018 (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Through our website and other interactions (e.g. email, direct mail, phone, fax and face-to-face communication), Creative Sensory will not collect any personal information about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with that information (e.g. by registration, survey), provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
Creative Sensory will process information where we have a legitimate interest to do so. Such interests include: to respond to your enquiry, process your order, provide you with access to specific information or offers, to improve our products and services, or for fraud prevention.
Occasionally, we may receive information about you from third parties and other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you, to help us improve and personalise our service to you.
No third party may access personal data held by us without having first entered into a data confidentiality agreement which imposes on the third-party obligations no less onerous than those to which we are committed, and which gives us the right to audit compliance with the agreement.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- online profile information relating to your web account
Reason for holding data
When you provide us with personal information, we will use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, which may include using this information for the following reasons:
- To identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us.
- To proves your order.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will only retain personal information for as long as is necessary to carry out the process listed above. Once we no longer require this information, we will destroy it, taking appropriate and secure physical and digital data destruction methods.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to that website.
Controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you would like such information.
- The right of access
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you free of charge (also called a subject access request). If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Creative Activity, Learning House, Altnagelvin Industrial Estate, Trench Road, L’Derry, BT47 2ED or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact us using these details, you also have a right to report a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- The right to correct any mistakes in your information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- The ‘right to be forgotten’
If you believe that we no longer require your data for the reasons specified above, you may contact us using the details above and we will process your request in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to us processing your personal information.